When was the last time you gave any thought to chicken broth, unless you were fighting a cold? Or ate seeds that weren’t on a bun or part of a trail mix? There are plenty of common foods you probably haven’t been eating that can actually make a big difference in your workout results and overall well-being. So, let us reintroduce you to apple cider vinegar, hemp, bone broth, turmeric, and a few others. Start using these recipes to see faster gains, a leaner body, and better health.
Makes: 8 Servings
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, diced
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 medium jalapeño, seeded and minced
2 pounds ground antibiotic-free turkey breast
1 tsp sea salt
1 28-oz can low-sodium whole tomatoes
1 cup water
1 tbsp cayenne powder
2 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp ground turmeric
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsp oregano
1 15-oz can red beans, drained and rinsed
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
1) Pour the olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring 3-5 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook 1 minute.
2) Stir in the ground turkey and salt and cook 5 minutes, breaking up the pieces with a spoon, until no longer pink.
3) Add the tomatoes and their juice to the pan. Add the water, cayenne, cumin, turmeric, black pepper, and paprika. Cook for 30 minutes at a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally.
4) Add the oregano and red beans and simmer 20–30 minutes.
5) Serve topped with cilantro, scallions, and avocado.
Nutrition (Per Serving):
281 calories, 23g protein, 12g carbs, 16g fat
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top