The Pronut: The Post-Workout Donut
½ cup Gluten-free All-Purpose Flour
1 package of defrosted Acai*
¼ cup of your favorite protein powder
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup warm water
½ cup maple syrup or agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*helps with muscle repair
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and generously grease donut pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients [flour, protein powder, flaxseed, baking soda, salt] and whisk well.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine liquid ingredients [acai, water, maple syrup or agave, vanilla] and mix well.
4. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth and thick.
5. Evenly spoon batter into prepared donut molds; bake for 8-10 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack for remainder of cooling; top with “Peanut Butter” Protein Glaze [recipe below].
Pronut Glaze Ingredients:
½ cup confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter OR nut or seed butter of choice
2 tablespoons of Protein Powder of choice
2 tablespoons nut milk of choice
1. Combine ingredients in a small mixing bowl or food processor; whisk or process until smooth, adding additional teaspoons of mylk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
Back to top