The Pronut: The Post-Workout Donut
½ cup Gluten-free All-Purpose Flour
1 package of defrosted Acai*
¼ cup of your favorite protein powder
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup warm water
½ cup maple syrup or agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*helps with muscle repair
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and generously grease donut pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients [flour, protein powder, flaxseed, baking soda, salt] and whisk well.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine liquid ingredients [acai, water, maple syrup or agave, vanilla] and mix well.
4. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth and thick.
5. Evenly spoon batter into prepared donut molds; bake for 8-10 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack for remainder of cooling; top with “Peanut Butter” Protein Glaze [recipe below].
Pronut Glaze Ingredients:
½ cup confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter OR nut or seed butter of choice
2 tablespoons of Protein Powder of choice
2 tablespoons nut milk of choice
1. Combine ingredients in a small mixing bowl or food processor; whisk or process until smooth, adding additional teaspoons of mylk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top