African Chicken Nuttzo Stew
“Chicken peanut stew is a traditional African dish,” notes Resnick. “Here it receives an extra hit of protein, crunch, and omegas from NuttZo. The broth is thicker than the standard version, meaning you don’t need a starch to soak up the juices; it’s perfect and filling all on its own.”
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 onion, chopped into large pieces
4 chicken thighs, bone-in
2 tbsp curry powder
2 chopped garlic cloves
2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
1 24 oz jar crushed tomatoes
1 cup Nuttzo (any flavor except chocolate)
1 cup chicken stock
1 lg sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 cups chopped greens, such as rainbow chard or spinach
1/2 cup cilantro
1. Heat oil in a large pot, add onion and cook until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken breast (skin down), curry powder, garlic, and ginger. Cook until lightly golden, approximately 3 minutes.
3. Add tomato puree, Nuttzo, stock, and sweet potato. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
4. Stir every 5 minutes until chicken and sweet potato are cooked through, around 25 minutes. Discard chicken skin. (You may omit skin completely if preferred.)
5. Turn off heat, and add greens and cilantro. Stir well and allow to wilt.