Healthy NuttZo Candy Bars
“No one will believe this healthful snack isn’t a diet-busting dessert,” says Resnick.
½ cup dates
½ cup cocoa butter
1 cup NuttZo Chocolate
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup chopped nuts, any kind
½ cup cacao nibs
½ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup cacao powder
1 tsp each: salt, vanilla extract, chocolate extract
Topping: 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes, until softened. Remove pits and puree.
- Melt cocoa butter over low heat and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients except cocoa butter and chocolate topping together in a large bowl. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Add melted cocoa butter, stir into a cohesive batter.
- Press mixture into a 9×13 pan lined with plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle chopped chocolate on top, press gently.
- Refrigerate until firm, approximately 15 min, cut into bars.