Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
“I love making foods that are marinated because they get all of their seasoning the night before,” said Joshua Weissman, author of The Slim Palate Paleo Cookbook. “Just make the marinade the night before, pull them out on a busy day, and toss them in the oven. True beauty in simplicity.”
- 3 lbs chicken wings with tips still attached
- 1 cup tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 inch knob ginger peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 1/2 tsp molasses
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste *optional, see notes*
- 3/4 tsp chili flakes (or more depending on how spicy you like your wings. If you like super spicy then go for 1 1/2-2 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- fresh roughly chopped cilantro
- Rinse your wings with water and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients except the wings to make the marinade.
- Place the wings in a medium-sized bowl and pour the marinade over the wings. Place wings in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours (don’t go any longer or else your wings will be way too salty).
- After marinating line a large baking sheet with foil. Pull your wings out of the marinade and pat dry, reserve the marinade. Place the wings along the baking sheet and avoid overlapping any wings. You may have to do this in two batches if they don’t all fit.
- Pour your marinade in a small pot and bring to a boil on medium high heat, stirring often. You will probably have to lower the heat and bring it back up a couple times until you find a good sweet spot for it to stay at a consistent boil without boiling over. Do this until the marinade reduces by ¾ and remove from the heat. Preheat your broiler on high and place your rack about 3-4 inches from the broiler.
- Brush the wings with the marinade (I would recommend drizzling a bit of it with a spoon onto the chicken wings and then brushing it to avoid brushing the raw chicken and then contaminating the sauce). Place the wings under the broiler and broil for 3-4 minutes each side, moving wings that didn’t get browned around the sheet if necessary. Remove from the oven and toss with the remainder of the sauce.
- Serve immediately and garnish with cilantro.
The easiest way to have healthy foods delivered to your doorstep is by joining Amazon Fresh. Not a member yet? Learn how to sign up for a free trial below.
Details on the free trial:
After the trial period, Fresh membership is $14.99 per month and Prime membership is $10.99 for a monthly plan.
Available in all major metro areas in the US and growing. Enter zip code when signing up to check for availability.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top