There’s no going back to plain peanuts after you try these boiled peanuts with a cajun twist. The recipe comes courtesy of Daniel England, corporate chef for the San Diego-based OMG Hospitality Group.
● 3 lbs peanuts in the shell
● 4 slices of your favorite bacon, diced
● 1/2 cup salt
● 1 handful fresh thyme
● 4 garlic cloves, crushed
● 1 jalapeno, chopped
● Cajun or blackening rub
1. Place peanuts in pot and completely cover with water. Add all ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer for 3 hours on low.
3. Check peanuts, as more time may be needed. Pro tip: Chef England says the peanuts are done when the shell is tender and the peanuts are creamy inside.
4. Strain the peanuts from liquid and toss them in your favorite rub.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top