Spicy Thai Mix Nuts
Give your mixed nuts some Thai treatment with this spiced-up recipe from Chef Vanda Asapahu of Ayara Thai Cuisine and Ayara Luk in Los Angeles.
● 3 cups mixed unsalted raw nuts, almonds, cashew, pecans, and walnuts
● 2 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted
● 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
● 1 tbsp honey
● 1 tbsp toasted rice powder (khao khua)
● 1 tsp cayenne pepper
● 1 tsp fine roasted chili
● 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
● 2 tbsp finely chopped kaffir lime leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place nuts on a baking sheet and toast for 15 minutes and shake every 5 minutes for even toast.
3. While nuts are toasting, mix the following in a large bowl: butter, brown sugar, honey, rice powder, cayenne pepper, and roasted chili. Then, add the warm nuts. Mix to thoroughly coat. Add salt and kaffir lime leaves, and mix again.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top