6. Energy blasts
Each ball provides 5g of protein and 9g of unsaturated fat to help keep you satisfied.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to finish: 15 minutes, plus 1 hour refrigeration
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
¾ cup walnuts
½ cup ground flaxseed
½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp dried shredded coconut
2 Tbsp hemp seeds
2 Tbsp chia seeds
½ cup nut butter
2½ cups old fashioned oats
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup mini dark chocolate morsels
- In a food processor, grind walnuts to medium/fine grind.
- Add flaxseed, and process for 30 seconds.
- Add cinnamon, coconut, hemp seeds, chia seeds, nut butter, oats, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract. Process for 20 seconds.
- Place mixture in a bowl, and add mini dark chocolate morsels. Mix gently with hands to incorporate all ingredients.
- Hand roll into 1″ balls (about the size of a ping pong ball) and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Cover with foil or plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator.
- Allow to chill for a minimum of one hour before serving.
- Keep covered in the fridge up to one week.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Calories: 155; total fat: 9g; saturated fat: 0g; protein: 5g; carbohydrates: 17g; fiber: 3g; sodium: 2mg
Recipe and photo by Recipe and photo by Mandy Unanski Enright, M.S., R.D., R.Y.T. of Nutrition Nuptials.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top