Steak cobb salad
With 50 grams of protein per serving, this lunch or dinner bowl will keep you seriously full.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
1-1Â½ pounds flank steak
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup red or white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
4 hard-boiled eggs, halved or quartered
4 strips of low sodium bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
8 cups chopped romaine lettuce or mixed greens
1 medium avocado, sliced or chopped
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a re-sealable plastic bag and let marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Remove steak and grill to desired doneness.
3. Let rest and slice into strips.
4. Put 2 cups of lettuce in each bowl. Top each with bacon, feta, tomatoes, onion, egg, avocado, and steak, arranging as desired.
5. Serve with your favorite dressing.
Nutrition Information (per bowl)
Calories: 628; Total Fat: 41 grams; Saturated Fat: 11 grams; Protein: 50 grams: Carbohydrates: 17 grams; Sugar: 9 grams; Fiber: 6 grams; Cholesterol: 304 milligrams; Sodium: 666 milligrams
Recipe and photo by Lindsay Livingston, RD of The Lean Green Bean.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top