Legumes, including beans, peas, and lentils, contain BCAAs for fit muscles. Although the recipe has a bit more ingredients than you may be used to, take it step by step. If you really want to make things even easier, purchase a store-bought pesto instead of making your own.
Recipe and photo provided by Danielle Omar, M.S., R.D. of Food Confidence.
Makes 4 servings
- For the pesto:
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Dash of sea salt and pepper
- For the beans and vegetables:
- 2 cups canned white beans, drained, and rinsed
- 1 pound asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
How to make it
To prepare the pesto, place ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
To prepare beans and vegetables, melt coconut oil in sauté pan. Add chopped asparagus and sauté until softened. Then add beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Then add cherry tomatoes and cook for a few minutes more. Add pesto and stir well. Cook everything together for a few minutes and serve.