Make a batch or two on Sunday night and store in the fridge for easy weekday meals. If you don’t have leftover cooked chicken, then use pre-cooked rotisserie from the market. Serve over a green salad, bagel crisps, stuffed into whole grain pita, or inside lettuce leaves.
Recipe and photo by Holley Grainger, M.S., R.D.
Makes 4 servings
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked skinless chicken
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped nuts (such as almonds, pistachios, walnuts or pecans)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple (may also use grapes)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3⁄4-1 cup light balsamic vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make it
In a large bowl, toss together chicken, nuts, apple, and cranberries. Stir in Greek yogurt.
Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Chill, covered, 15 minutes or until ready to serve.