- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp pomegranate juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 boneless beef top loin (strip) steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 8 oz each)
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
How to Make It
1.) Combine hoisin sauce, garlic, sesame oil, pepper, 1/4 cup of the pomegranate juice, and 2 tbsp of ginger in a bowl.
2.) Add the steak to the mixture and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
3.) For Wasabi Cucumbers, combine wasabi and remaining 1 tsp pomegranate juice in bowl; add cucumbers; toss to coat, then refrigerate.
4.) To make Gingered Carrots, mix mayo and remaining 1/2 tbsp ginger. Add carrots; toss to coat, then refrigerate.
5.) When ready to eat, grill steaks. Slice the cooked meat thin and serve over cucumbers and carrots. Top with avocado, pomegranate and sesame seeds.
Protein: 28 g
Carbs: 17 g
Fat: 14 g
Fiber: 4 g
— Can’t find hoisin sauce? Swap in soy sauce spiked with ginger or chili pepper — whatever you like to give the meat some extra bite.