2. Hot Punch
This punch from New York City’s The Dead Rabbit Grocery & Grog is inspired by a recipe from the 1869 cocktail manual Cooling Cups and Dainty Drinks by William Terrington.
“It’s a great riff on the prerequisite mulled wine with sherry and Irish whiskey in place of a hearty red,” says Jack McGarry, managing partner at the Dead Rabbit. “Negus,” by the way, is an old style of mixed drink similar to a wine punch.
Excellent Negus Hot Punch
- 1 bottle Barbadillo ‘San Rafael’ Oloroso Dulce Sherry
- 1 cup Redbreast Irish whiskey
- 3.5 tablespoons vanilla cordial
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Oleo-saccharum of 8 lemons
- 1 nutmeg
- 2 cups water
- Prepare the oleo-saccharum and add the remaining ingredients. Stir until sugar has been dissolved.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg. Serve hot.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top