Both fiber and protein take longer to digest, helping to keep you feeling satisfied. The mozzarella provides several B-vitamins, protein, and calcium, also important to help provide energy, and help keep those ripped muscles in top form.
Nutrition (per 1 cup serving)
Calories: 202; protein: 14.1g; fat: 6.7g; carbs: 22.9g; sugar: 1g
Recipe and photo by Kaleigh McMordie, M.C.N., R.D.N. of Lively Table.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
Makes 8 servings
- 8 oz whole-wheat pasta or chickpea pasta*
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced thinly
- 2-3 oz fresh mozzarella (in small balls, halved, or one big one, cubed)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- *Chef’s note: Use chickpea pasta for a gluten-free version
How to make it
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and cool.
Cut cooked chicken breast into 1" cubes. In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.
In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture, and gently stir to coat.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.