20. Recipe: Chicken Chilaquile Cups
These portion-controlled cups filled with chicken, tomato, eggs, corn, and a touch of cheese are each filled with muscle-forming protein. Make a batch for breakfast and an extra batch to freeze for a later day.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 45 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, divided
Nonstick cooking spray
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
2 cups diced, cooked or rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
6 Eggland’s Best eggs, large
1 cup finely shredded Mexican Blend Cheese or Monterey Jack
Hot sauce to taste (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut two of the tortillas in half, then into thin strips. Spread on a baking sheet; spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
3. Coat 6 (6-ounce) custard cups or ramekins with cooking spray and place on a small, rimmed baking sheet. Heat tortillas in microwave according to package directions. Gently press a tortilla into each cup and lightly spray with cooking spray.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, and ½ tsp. salt; cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the tomatoes; bring to a simmer; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken and corn and heat thru. Stir in ¼ cup of the cilantro and hot sauce to taste.
5. Divide chicken mixture between tortilla cups; crack an egg over each cup and sprinkle with remaining ¼ tsp. salt and cheese.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted, egg whites are firm, and yolks are still soft. Sprinkle with remaining two tablespoons cilantro.
Recipe and photo by Eggland’s Best.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top