3. Recipe: All Natural Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Rotisserie is a big time saver when you’re whipping together this dinner favorite. Use whole wheat tortillas to add fiber and meet the dietary recommendations to make half your daily grains whole.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 large yellow onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
1 can (15 oz) all-natural Enchilada sauce
4 oz can canned green chiles (use amount to your preference; I only used 1/2 the can)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Mexican blend, or Jack all work great)
8 -10 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas (use smaller tortillas to get higher yield)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and sauté onions and peppers for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes, until all veggies are tender. Turn off heat and let cool slightly.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine sautéed veggies, shredded chicken, all but 3 tablespoons of enchilada sauce, and green chiles. Fold in 1 cup cheese.
4. Fill each tortilla with a “strip” of filling down the center. Roll up tortilla and place seem side down in pan. Continue until you’ve used up all the filling and tortillas.
5. Brush remaining 3 tablespoons of enchilada sauce on top of the prepared tortillas in the pan. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of cheese.
6. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until enchiladas are heated through and golden. Serve with light sour cream, diced avocado, and/or salsa.
Recipe and photo by Jenna Braddock, MSH, RD, CSSD, LD/N.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top