30. Recipe: Oven Baked Chicken Taquitos
If you’re not in the mood to cook or don’t have leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken is the way to go. Made with 5 ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes, here’s a quick and easy protein-packed dinner perfect for any night of the week.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 26 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 21 minutes
3 cups shredded cooked chicken (like rotisserie)
1 1/2 cups coarsely grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup mild salsa
12 six-inch corn tortillas
Olive oil or non-stick cooking spray
Guacamole for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, cheese, and salsa.
3. Lay the tortillas over a baking sheet (overlapping is fine) and put in the oven to soften, about 1 minute. Remove from oven and lay a dish towel over the tortillas to keep them warm.
4. Set a tortilla on your work surface and lay 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in a line across the center. Roll the tortilla tightly around the chicken so it is snug in the center, like a big cigar. Lay it seam-side-down on the baking sheet.
5. Continue with the remaining tortillas and chicken, lining the taquitos up right next to each other to keep them from unfurling.
6. Use a pastry brush to lightly brush the surface of the taquitos with oil or lightly coat them with non-stick cooking spray.
7. Bake until lightly brown and crispy, 18 to 20 minutes.
8. Serve with guacamole on the side.
Recipe and photo by Katie Sullivan Morford, MS, RD of Mom’s Kitchen Handbook.Back to top