33. Recipe: Thai Chicken Pizza
Chicken and peanut butter add protein in this mouthwatering Asian-inspired pizza.
Skill level: Beginner
Serves: 4 (2 slices per serving)
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Pizza dough (about 1 pound)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
1-2 cloves garlic, diced
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
1 hot chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped (and more for garnish)
Juice from 1 lime or 1/2 lemon
1 1/2 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works great!)
1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon crushed red peppers
1. Preheat oven to highest setting (if using pizza stone) or 400 degrees Fahrenheit if using medal baking sheet.
2. Using large sauté pan, warm olive oil over medium heat and add green onions and garlic, sautéing until tender and translucent.
3. Add peanut butter and coconut milk, stirring until melted and thoroughly incorporated.
4. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, fish sauce, chopped chili pepper, cilantro leaves, and lime or lemon juice.
5. Stir mixture over low heat until completely blended.
6. Place dough on stone or baking sheet and top with sauce.
7. Evenly distribute chicken over sauce.
8. Top with cheese and red peppers
9. Place in oven for 18-25 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
10. Garnish with additional cilantro leaves.
Recipe and photo by Dan Zehr of Platter Talk.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top