34. Recipe: Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
This simple and spicy pasta recipe is perfect served hot or cold. The cream sauce is much lighter and still as delicious with a combo of fat free half-and-half and low fat milk. To up the fiber, use whole grain, quinoa, or legume-based pasta.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 20 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded
8 ounces rotini, cooked
4 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning
1/8 cup olive oil
1 cup fat-free half-and-half
1 cup low fat milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
1. Cook pasta per directions on package and drain. Set aside.
2. Shred the Rotisserie chicken into bite size pieces and place in a ziplock bag.
3. Pour the Cajun seasoning on top and shake well.
4. Finely chop the scallions.
5. In the pot where you made your pasta, add the milk and cream (or fat-free half-and-half)
6. Add chopped scallions, basil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper and heat until it reaches a slight boil.
7. Add the pasta and chicken and stir until fully coated.
8. Add half of the cheese and stir until slightly thickened, and add the rest.
9. Top with parsley.
Recipe and photo by Michelle Dudas of Thrifty DIY Diva.Back to top