35. Recipe: Larb Gai
Larb Gai is a flavorful Thai minced chicken salad with crunchy vegetables, loads of herbs, and a light and tasty sauce.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 25 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1 medium red pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
3 cups cubed cooked rotisserie chicken
3 tablespoons fish sauce
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon chili paste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium sized pan on medium-high heat. Add the shallots and red pepper and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the garlic and cook for a minute more. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the green onions, mint, cilantro and shredded chicken.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the fish sauce, lime juice and chili paste. Pour over the chicken mixture and stir.
5. Spoon into lettuce cups or on top of a bed of lettuce and serve.
Recipe and photo by Joanie Zisk of Zagleft.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top