40. Recipe: Rotisserie Chicken Broccoli Pesto Pasta
Made with high protein rotisserie chicken, broccoli, pasta, and walnuts, this easy pesto pasta contains a variety of food groups, which means more nutrients for those killer muscles.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 bag steam-able broccoli flowerets
1 box (12 oz.) bow tie pasta (substitute gluten-free or whole grain pasta if desired)
1 large handful basil
1 large garlic clove
2 tablespoons pine nuts
2 tablespoons walnuts
1 medium lemon juiced
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine pesto ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
2. Microwave broccoli per package directions.
3. Prepare pasta per package directions.
4. Combine pesto, noodles, broccoli, and chicken in a large bowl.
5. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Recipe and photo by Betsy Ramirez, MEd, RDN and Sarah Pfulgradt, MS, RDN of Hungry and Healthy.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top