40. Recipe: Rotisserie Chicken Broccoli Pesto Pasta
Made with high protein rotisserie chicken, broccoli, pasta, and walnuts, this easy pesto pasta contains a variety of food groups, which means more nutrients for those killer muscles.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 bag steam-able broccoli flowerets
1 box (12 oz.) bow tie pasta (substitute gluten-free or whole grain pasta if desired)
1 large handful basil
1 large garlic clove
2 tablespoons pine nuts
2 tablespoons walnuts
1 medium lemon juiced
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine pesto ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
2. Microwave broccoli per package directions.
3. Prepare pasta per package directions.
4. Combine pesto, noodles, broccoli, and chicken in a large bowl.
5. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Recipe and photo by Betsy Ramirez, MEd, RDN and Sarah Pfulgradt, MS, RDN of Hungry and Healthy.Back to top