43. Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Grain Bowl
This bowl calls for whole grains, which can be whole wheat couscous, bulgur, or kamut. If you’re looking to keep the meal gluten-free, stick with brown rice or quinoa.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
12 ounces shredded cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons Buffalo hot sauce, divided
4 ounces avocado, mashed
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups whole grains, cooked (like whole wheat couscous, kamut, or quinoa)
4 ounces romaine lettuce, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Mix 1/4 cup yogurt and 1 teaspoon of hot sauce in a medium bowl. Add shredded chicken and mix until coated. Set aside.
2. Mash avocado with garlic and salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix the 1/4 cup yogurt with remaining ½ teaspoon Buffalo hot sauce.
4. Take 4 serving dishes, layer each with equal portions of romaine lettuce, 1/2 cup brown rice, 3 oz shredded chicken, and 2 tablespoons of mashed avocado. Garnish with ¼ cup cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of yogurt glaze.
Recipe and photo by Elizabeth Shaw, MS, RDN, CLT of Shaw’s Simple Swaps.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top