43. Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Grain Bowl
This bowl calls for whole grains, which can be whole wheat couscous, bulgur, or kamut. If you’re looking to keep the meal gluten-free, stick with brown rice or quinoa.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
12 ounces shredded cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons Buffalo hot sauce, divided
4 ounces avocado, mashed
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups whole grains, cooked (like whole wheat couscous, kamut, or quinoa)
4 ounces romaine lettuce, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Mix 1/4 cup yogurt and 1 teaspoon of hot sauce in a medium bowl. Add shredded chicken and mix until coated. Set aside.
2. Mash avocado with garlic and salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix the 1/4 cup yogurt with remaining ½ teaspoon Buffalo hot sauce.
4. Take 4 serving dishes, layer each with equal portions of romaine lettuce, 1/2 cup brown rice, 3 oz shredded chicken, and 2 tablespoons of mashed avocado. Garnish with ¼ cup cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of yogurt glaze.
Recipe and photo by Elizabeth Shaw, MS, RDN, CLT of Shaw’s Simple Swaps.Back to top