45. Recipe: Healthy Loaded Chicken Nachos
Guys night doesn’t have to be filled with fried finger foods. These punched up nachos have cheese, beans, and chicken for muscle-building protein. Want more? Serve with nonfat plain Greek yogurt which contains twice the amount of protein over traditional yogurt.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
For the Spicy Ranch Sauce
3 tablespoons reduced fat Ranch dressing
1 teaspoon Sriracha (more if desired)
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon reduced sodium taco seasoning mix
For the nachos
1 (8 oz) bag of blue corn tortilla chips (or tortilla chips of choice)
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1/2 (16 oz) can of black beans, drained
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes & green chilies, drained
1 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese
1/2 avocado, chopped
1/4 cup sliced green onion
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
Optional toppings: 0% fat plain Greek yogurt, guacamole
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Whisk ingredients for Spicy Ranch Sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Spray ceramic or glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Spread chips on the bottom of the dish.
5. Add shredded chicken.
6. Add black beans and shredded red onion.
7. Add chopped tomatoes.
8. Generally sprinkle with shredded cheese.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted.
10. Remove from oven. Top with chopped avocado and sliced green onion.
11. Pour spicy Ranch over entire dish.
12. Add additional toppings of choice (Greek yogurt, sour cream, guacamole) and cilantro and serve immediately.
Recipe and photo by Jamie Vespa MS, RD, LD/N of Dishing Out Health.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top