47. Recipe: Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
These lighter 5-ingredient enchiladas use nonfat plain Greek yogurt and low calorie salsa to add flavor and mouthfeel without going overboard on calories.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
1 cup shredded, cooked chicken (leftover rotisserie chicken works great for this!)
1/2 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
1 cup salsa
2 (8”) tortillas (whole wheat, gluten free, or whatever you prefer)
1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×5-inch loaf pan by spraying with a nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine shredded chicken, Greek yogurt, and ½ cup of the salsa.
3. Divide mixture and place in a row in the center of each tortilla. Wrap tortilla around mixture and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
4. Top evenly with remaining salsa, then cheese.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until enchiladas are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe and photo by Lindsey Janeiro, RDN, LDN of Nutrition to Fit.Back to top