9. Recipe: Rotisserie Chicken Quesadilla
Quesadillas take less than 15 minutes to whip up and are a perfect vehicle to stuff with muscle-building proteins like chicken and black beans.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 13 minutes
Prep: 8 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
8 whole wheat tortillas, low carb
1/2 cup salsa
4 tablespoons flaxseed
1/4 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
12 ounces organic rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Lay one tortilla on a plate, and add 2 tablespoons salsa, and 1 tablespoon flax seed. Spread evenly on tortilla.
2. Add 1 tablespoon Mexican blend shredded cheese, ½ cup black beans and 3 ounces shredded chicken to the tortilla.
3. Place the other tortilla on top.
4. Repeat steps one and two four times with other tortillas.
5. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place tortilla in skillet. Cover skillet for 2 minutes over medium heat and flip tortilla, and cook for another 2-3 minutes covered until tortilla is browned. Cut in quarters and serve with a salad (optional)
Recipe and photo by Tracee Yablon Brenner, RDN, CHHC, nutrition director at Triad to Wellness.Back to top