9. Recipe: Rotisserie Chicken Quesadilla
Quesadillas take less than 15 minutes to whip up and are a perfect vehicle to stuff with muscle-building proteins like chicken and black beans.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 13 minutes
Prep: 8 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
8 whole wheat tortillas, low carb
1/2 cup salsa
4 tablespoons flaxseed
1/4 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
12 ounces organic rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Lay one tortilla on a plate, and add 2 tablespoons salsa, and 1 tablespoon flax seed. Spread evenly on tortilla.
2. Add 1 tablespoon Mexican blend shredded cheese, ½ cup black beans and 3 ounces shredded chicken to the tortilla.
3. Place the other tortilla on top.
4. Repeat steps one and two four times with other tortillas.
5. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place tortilla in skillet. Cover skillet for 2 minutes over medium heat and flip tortilla, and cook for another 2-3 minutes covered until tortilla is browned. Cut in quarters and serve with a salad (optional)
Recipe and photo by Tracee Yablon Brenner, RDN, CHHC, nutrition director at Triad to Wellness.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top