Makes 4 servings
- 3 tbsp lemon juice pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- 6 white flatbreads
- 2 large handfuls shredded iceberg lettuce
- YOGURT & GARLIC SAUCE
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp sumac (a lemony spice used in Middle Eastern cooking)
- TOMATO-PARSLEY SALAD
- 3 handfuls fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, diced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
How to make it
Combine the lemon juice, salt, oil, spices, and cilantro in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
Preheat the outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
Grill the chicken 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Cut into bite- size pieces.
Meanwhile, to make the yogurt and garlic sauce, combine the garlic, salt, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Gradually add the oils in a thin, steady stream while the motor is still running, until the sauce has thickened; fold in the yogurt and sumac.
To make the salad, combine the parsley, tomato, and onion.
To assemble, place the flatbreads on the grill for about 5 to 10 seconds to warm slightly, then spread the yogurt and garlic sauce over them. Arrange the tomato-parsley salad, lettuce, and chicken on top. Roll up to enclose and cut in half to serve.