Chicken’s versatility makes it the perfect vehicle for spice and garnish—it’s also the best way to fit protein into a post-workout power meal. So finish your workout day strong by ending it with this tasty, muscle-building chicken breast.
Nutrition (per serving)
518 calories; 52g protein; 54g carbs; 11g fat
Makes 1 servings
- 1 cup cooked rice udon noodles*
- 1 1⁄2 tsp toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 1⁄2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1⁄2 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 oz chicken breast, cut into strips
- Olive oil spray
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1-in pieces
- 8 medium fresh basil leaves, or to taste, slivered
- *You can swap in spelt, kamut, or other whole-grain udon, if you prefer.
How to make it
Cook the noodles while you prepare the other ingredients.
Mix 1⁄2 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp chili garlic sauce, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside. Toss chicken in remaining 1⁄2 tsp chili garlic sauce.
When the noodles are cooked, rinse in cold water, then in hot. Drain. Pour 1 tsp sesame oil into the bottom of a salad bowl, and spread evenly. Toss noodles on top.
Heat large non-stick stir-fry pan or wok over medium-high heat until hot. Spray pan with oil spray. Add onion, garlic, and asparagus. Cook until onions are crisp-tender, and asparagus is bright green and warmed. Push veggies to edges of pan.
Re-spray center of frying pan, and add chicken in a single layer. Cook until no longer pink inside, about 1-2 minutes per side. Push veggies back into center, mixing them with chicken. Toss in sauce mixture. Spoon the chicken and veggies over the noodles, and top with basil. Enjoy immediately.