This deliciously hydrating—not to mention filling—no-cook soup is packed with healthy monounsaturated fats, thanks to the large serving of avocados.
Nutrition (per serving)
Calories: 77; total fat: 6g; protein: 2g; carbohydrates: 7g
Recipe and photo by Sharon Palmer, R.D.N., The Plant-Powered Dietitian, author of Plant-Powered for Life.
Makes 8 servings
- 2 large English cucumbers, with peel, coarsely chopped
- 2 avocados, ripe, peeled, pitted
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk (preferably plant-based like almond, hemp, or rice)
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
How to make it
Place all items in a large blender, and process on low until very smooth.
Transfer to a covered container, and chill well (2 hours) before serving.