Turkey and Beer Cheese BLT on Pretzel Bread
“The classic BLT is elevated to new heights, not only with tender and juicy sliced turkey, but also the addition of a mouth-watering beer cheese spread. This hearty sandwich is served on pretzel bread and best enjoyed with an ice cold beer,” says Kristina Vanni, award-winning cook and food writer — currently for About.com and Recipe.com, and CEO of Cooking Content Central.
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp whole-grain mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup beer
Turkey BLT Sandwich
- 1 pretzel bun
- 4 oz sliced turkey
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices crisped bacon
Prepare the Beer Cheese:
1. Place the cubed cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
2. With the processor running, pour the beer through the feed tube in a steady stream until the beer cheese becomes a spreadable consistency, about 15-30 seconds. Refrigerate any remaining beer cheese in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Assemble the Turkey BLT:
1. Slice the pretzel bun lengthwise and spread the cut side of both the top and bottom with the desired about of beer cheese. Layer with lettuce leaves, slices of tomato, sliced turkey and top with slices of crisped bacon. Finish with top half of the bun and serve with an ice-cold beer.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top