Despite being made in a crock-pot, this corned beef dinner has all the makings of a traditional boiled dinner, especially when you add the carrots and cabbage into the mix, but with an added twist—a can of Guinness Stout. Make for a crowd (it serves quite a few) or whip it together just for yourself—you’ll have plenty leftover to last you through the week.
Makes 6 servings
- 4 lbs corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 6 red potatoes, washed and cut into large chunks
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 head of cabbage, sliced into sections 1⁄2” wide
- 1 can (15-oz) of Guinness Stout
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
How to make it
Layer potatoes, carrots, and cabbage into the cooking pot.
Add Guinness, garlic, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and black pepper on top of the vegetables.
Rub seasoning packet over corned beef, and then place into pot on top of the cabbage.
Press "Meat/Stew," set pressure to high, and adjust time to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Make sure the Steam Release Valve is in the “Seal” (closed) position. Press start-stop. Once cooking has completed and the pressure is released, serve hot.