Nutrition (per serving)
Calories: 230; total fat: 2g; protein: 40g; carbohydrates: 10g; fiber: 2g
Recipe and photo by Jamila Rene, M.S., R.D., C.P.T. of No Nonsense Nutritionist.
Makes 8 servings
- 3 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 jar black bean and corn salsa
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp each chili powder, cumin, and Cajun seasoning
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
How to make it
Add all ingredients to crockpot, and cook on low for 7 hours or until chicken is tender.
Shred chicken right in the crockpot, and stir to combine.
Season with red pepper flakes, and top with cheese or crumbled cornbread, if desired.