2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1/2 tbsp sugar or honey
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup room-temp water
1) Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl to form dough.
2) With damp hands, work dough into a coarse ball. Let rest 5 minutes; divide dough in half, form into smaller balls, and rub each with olive oil.
3) Place each ball into a ziplock bag. Let sit for 15 minutes, then toss ’em into the fridge.
1) Remove dough from fridge 2 hours before you plan to roll it out.
2) Dust hands with flour.
3) Stretch dough by hand into a pizza shape, or flatten it with a rolling pin.
1) Dust an inverted metal cookie sheet with flour; place shaped dough on top.
2) Add toppings.
3) Bake for 10 minutes at 500 degrees or until the crust is crisp.
Spaghetti sauce works fine on pizza in a pinch, but if you want authentic Italian taste, try this easy-to-make option instead.
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp dried basil or 2 tbsp minced fresh basil
1 tsp dried oregano or 1 tbsp minced fresh oregano
1 tbsp granulated garlic powder or 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced or pressed
2 tbsp red-wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1) Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, mashing tomato pieces as small as possible while you stir.
2) Apply sauce to pizza as needed.
3) Store unused sauce in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 4 cups.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!