Makes 10 servings
- 1 1/3 pounds extra lean ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice or ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 16-ounce can whole tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 1 15-ounce can herb tomato sauce, undrained
- 1 16-ounce can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- Whole-wheat wafers
How to make it
Add the rest of the olive oil and the onion, garlic, celery and carrots and cook until tender.
In a large pot, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat and sauté ground turkey until brown.
Mix together the dry seasonings and add to the turkey.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans to the turkey mixture and simmer about 15 minutes, until the chili thickens and the flavors meld.
Serve with 2 tablespoons of cilantro sour cream and whole-wheat wafers.