You might change your tune, though, after trying this easy but tasty recipe for Homemade Brazilian Chicken, created by Maria Zoitas, co-owner and head of the kitchen at Westside Market NYC. (New York City’s only grocery store with—you won’t believe it—an aisle exclusively for dudes.)
Start now and you’ll have a healthy, protein-packed meal on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 10-oz. package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, heated
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
1. Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and let sit while oil heats.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook until brown, about 6 minutes.
3. Turn chicken and reduce heat to medium. Place onion and green pepper on top of chicken; cook about 10 minutes longer.
4. Add the peas. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cilantro.
5. Add chicken broth and wine and simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes. Serve hot with rice.