It’s a safe bet: Pretty much everyone loves a good guac, making it a perfect pick for your Super Bowl party spread.
That said, everyone also seems to have their very own idea of what makes a guac good.
And while it’s risky to mess with a classic, this recipe from celeb chef George Duran puts a unique spin on the typically smooth avocado dip—and does it right. Using diced radishes and chives to bulk up every batch, Duran adds a magic crunch factor you didn’t even know you were missing.
Just trust us—by trying it this weekend.
GEORGE DURAN’S CRUNCHY HERBED GUACAMOLE
- 2 ripened avocados, halved and pitted
- 3 small red radishes, diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup snipped fresh chive
- Kosher salt or table salt, to taste
- Juice of 1⁄2 lime
- Bottled Chipotle Hot Pepper Sauce (optional)
- Scoop avocado flesh into a bowl (or, for best results, a Molcajete) and add the cilantro, chopped chives, lime juice, and chipotle hot pepper sauce.
- Gently mash with until the desired consistency is reached.
- Fold in diced radishes and season with salt to taste.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!