As the name suggests, this recipe has a kick to it, which you can tone down if you choose. It’s a perfect dish to bring to a summer gathering.
Nutrition (per serving)
Calories: 220; total fat: 4g; saturated fat: 0g; protein: 33g; carbohydrates: 10g; sugars: 4g; fiber: 2g; sodium: 880mg
Recipe by Jamila Lepore, M.S, R.D.N founder of No Nonsense Nutritionist.
Makes 8 servings
- 2 lbs grilled chicken breast, chopped
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup garlic chili sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced sugar ketchup
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped chives (optional)
How to make it
Start with leftover grilled chicken breast or quickly grill some up with a little bit of oil, salt, and pepper.
To make the sauce, add all ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and reduce to simmer until ingredients are well-incorporated and thickened, about 20 minutes. Add chicken, and stir to combine.
Serve over jasmine or basmati rice (not included in nutrition information.) Sprinkle with chives, if desired.