Beans aren’t only good for your heart—they’re a filling source of protein that makes for the perfect base of any kind of chili. This all-vegetarian recipe can easily be thrown in a crockpot and forgotten about until it’s time for kickoff, making this hearty dish the perfect game-day snack.
Nutrition (per serving)
180 calories; 1g fat; 36g carbohydrates; 9g fiber; 7g sugar; 11g protein
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
Makes 12 servings
- 1 cup corn (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-oz) can each cannellini, pinto, black, and light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (40.5-oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28-oz) can whole tomatoes
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder
How to make it
Sauté corn and onions in a skillet for 6-10 minutes.
In a large crockpot, combine all ingredients. Simmer of high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Don't have a crockpot? Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer on low for 45 minutes.