Get your Mediterranean fix with this tasty, easy-to-make Greek salad. Throw some gourmet quality mackerel from King Oscar on top for a protein punch, and use the reserved oil to add just the right amount of saltiness to the dressing.
Recipe and photo courtesy of King Oscar.
Makes 2 servings
- For the salad:
- 1 can King Oscar Mackerel Mediterranean Style, drained, oil reserved, broken into large chunks
- 1 head romaine hearts
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 medium tomato, or 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small bell pepper, any color, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup kalamata or mixed Greek olives
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 2-3 pepperoncini, optional
- For the dressing:
- 5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Oil reserved from mackerel can
- 1-1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried herbs, such as oregano or thyme (double amount if fresh)
How to make it
Toss together salad ingredients.
Whisk dressing ingredients until combined, then drizzle over salad.