Get your Mediterranean fix with this tasty, easy-to-make Greek salad. Throw some gourmet quality mackerel from King Oscar on top for a protein punch, and use the reserved oil to add just the right amount of saltiness to the dressing.
Recipe and photo courtesy of King Oscar.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
Makes 2 servings
- For the salad:
- 1 can King Oscar Mackerel Mediterranean Style, drained, oil reserved, broken into large chunks
- 1 head romaine hearts
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 medium tomato, or 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small bell pepper, any color, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup kalamata or mixed Greek olives
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 2-3 pepperoncini, optional
- For the dressing:
- 5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Oil reserved from mackerel can
- 1-1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried herbs, such as oregano or thyme (double amount if fresh)
How to make it
Toss together salad ingredients.
Whisk dressing ingredients until combined, then drizzle over salad.