This complex pasta salad is equal parts refreshing and spicy—the creamy, low-fat mayo and fresh spinach offset the spice that accompanies the chili sauce.
The result? An incredibly tasty clash of flavors.
Nutrition (per serving)
525 calories; 48g protein; 62g carbs; 10g fat
Makes 1 servings
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce, or to taste
- 6 oz lean grilled chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 cup cooked (2 oz dry) whole-wheat rotini pasta
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- ½ cup yellow or red cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, cut into strips (drained, if jarred)
- 8 fresh basil leaves, slivered
How to make it
Mix the mayo and chili sauce until well-combined.
Add the chicken, rotini, spinach, tomatoes, red peppers, and basil to a salad bowl. Toss with the mayo. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to enjoy.