Pork tenderloin is a great dinner option because it’s a lean cut that’s high in protein, low in fat, and is brimming with energy-boosting B-vitamins like niacin, thiamin, and vitamins B6 and B12.
Nutrition (per serving)
Calories: 286; total fat: 14g; saturated fat: 4g; protein: 29g; carbohydrates: 11g; sugar: 2g; fiber: 0g; cholesterol: 85mg; sodium: 150mg
Recipe and photo by Vicki Shanta Retelny, R.D.N., L.D.N. of Simple Cravings. Real Food.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 (4 oz) pork medallions
- ¼ cup salt-free seasoning blend, mesquite flavor
- 4 ounces sweet pea shoots or other greens that you like
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash of salt and pepper
How to make it
Pat each of the pork medallions with the seasoning blend. Grill pork medallions until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine pea shoots, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper—and drizzle over the greens mixture. Portion green salad onto a plate and top with a pork medallion over each one.