If you regularly sauté zucchini on the stove, drenching it in olive oil and a generous sprinkle of red chili pepper flakes for a side, it’s time to switch things up. Instead, follow Chicago’s Fat Rice chef Abraham Conlon’s lead and throw it on the grill. You’ll never want it any other way again. Here’s what you’ll need to make the grilled zucchini recipe.
Chef Abraham Conlon’s Char-grilled Lemon-Garlic Zucchini With Chili, Mint, Feta, and Almonds
Makes 4-6 side servings, or 2-3 entrée servings
15 minutes min.
30 minutes min.
- 1 pound zucchini, washed and tops trimmed
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 shallot, cut in half lengthwise
- Garlic, whole head, top removed
- 1 long red chili
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- Mint leaves (a few stems worth)
- Crumbled feta (about a handful)
- Olive oil, for coating zucchini
How to make it