We estimate that the average weightlifting guy walks around at about 15% body fat. This is well within healthy levels, but it’s not going to turn many heads on the beach. (Reminder: Beach abs are carved in winter.) To look that good, you need to get below 10%—the point at which most guys can see some definition—and preferably as low as 7%. Since nutrition is the most important aspect of getting lean, here’s a lean-body breakfast recipe that won’t derail your progress.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 8 tsp red palm oil
- 16 oz ground turkey thigh
- 12 whole eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mixed vegetables, as desired
- Large salad with 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pour the red palm oil into a large skillet set over high heat. When the oil is hot, reduce heat to medium, add the ground turkey, and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is nicely brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs until thoroughly mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and spray pan with non-caloric cooking spray. Pour the eggs into the pan, add the cooked ground turkey, and sprinkle the vegetables on top of the eggs.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, gently tilting the pan to move the eggs around the edges. When the frittata is mostly set, about 20 minutes, place it under the broiler for a minute or two to firm up the top and brown it a bit. Turn the frittata out of the pan and serve with the salad.
Calories: 483, Carbs: 1g, Protein: 48g, Fat: 10g