The average weightlifter walks around at about 15% body fat. If you want to slash that in half—to around 7%—you’ll have to gradually increase your weight training and cardio while cutting calories and carbs. Follow our eight-week plan to strip the fat from your frame. To help make your diet more palatable, we’ve provided recipes for three delicious meals that won’t derail your progress:
Berry Crisp (below)
MAKES 20 SERVINGS
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of one (or multiple) of the following fruits of your choosing, diced: kiwi, rhubarb, apple, or pear
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¾ cup vanilla whey isolate
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup stevia-blend sugar substitute or Splenda
- ? cup organic virgin coconut oil (room temperature)
- ½ cup organic grape-seed oil
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Wash and dry all fruits before using.
- Lightly spray a large glass-baking dish with olive-oil cooking spray. Pour the mixed fruit into it and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oat flour, whey, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, and sugar substitute. Whisk well.
- Add the coconut oil and grape-seed oil to the dry mixture. Cut batter using a pastry blender or cross-cut with two knives until you have coarse crumbs. Do not mix.
- Fold in the oats.
- Spread mixture over top of fruit.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Calories: 148, Carbs: 10g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 10g