Green Tomato Gazpacho with Thai Flavors and King Crab
“I love the play on heat and sweet and salt. Summer is hot and the flavors of Thai are bright and crisp and always assertive flavors. I love Thai cuisine and their summer salads comfort me and are a great way to fight the heat,” says Chef Cyrus Keefer of 13.5 Wine Bar + Food in Baltimore MD.
- 5 green tomato large dice
- 3 kiwi large dice
- ½ cup small diced Spanish onion
- 1 poblano chili seeded and small diced
- 1 cup peeled large diced cucumber
- 10 Thai basil leaves (reserve 4 for garnish)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 glove garlic
- ¼ cup Riesling wine
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsps. white soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. toasted coriander
- 1 Tbsp. of king crab meat
- 1 Tbsp. lemongrass oil
- Thai Basil leaf
- 1 radish julienne
- 1 tsp. kewpie mayonnaise
- Finish with Malden sea salt to taste
- Place all the gazpacho ingredients in a large bowl to marinate for 1 hour and allowing the juices of the tomato to release and all the flavors a chance to combine.
- Take half of the liquid and half the solids and pulse in blender, pour that over the mixture you have reserved and stir together.
- Place in cold chilled bowl and garnish with broiled king crab , lemon grass oil, Thai basil, julienne radish and kewpie mayonnaise.
- Finish with a pinch or two of Maldon sea salt
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top