Pineapple and Apple Gazpacho
“Gazpacho is the perfect summer soup as it is refreshing and light and will keep you cool during the Santa Fe summer. This pineapple gazpacho is the perfect balance between the sweetness from the pineapple and the acidity from the sherry vinegar. In preparing this dish, try to find a nice ripe pineapple and when the recipe is ready, make sure that the gazpacho is very cold before it served,” says Executive Chef Juan Bochenski of Anasazi Restaurant at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi in Santa Fe.
- 1½ pineapple
- 10 seedless peeled granny smith apples
- 3 seedless red peppers
- ½ peeled and roughly chopped red onion
- ½ cup sherry vinegar
- 3 cups of olive oil
- 7 seedless peeled cucumbers
- Mineral Water
- Macerate all the ingredients except the olive oil, salt, water and honey for the least 12 hours.
- Blend in blender and add the olive oil and water for a fine consistency.
- Season with salt, pepper and honey to taste. Strain soup through a fine conical mesh for finer texture.
- Let cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top