Looking for a way to spice up your next party or gathering of friends?
You can’t go wrong with a new spin on the michelada.
The cocktail usually has a mix of Mexican beer, lime, some spices, pepper, and sauces, and then served in a salt-rimmed glass. For the Nixta Michelada, you’ll get a nice kick from the hot sauce, and it’s the perfect way to add a little heat and flavor to your drink menu. Try this cocktail next chance you get, courtesy of Nixta in St. Louis, Missouri.
Makes 24 servings
- 3 cups juice from 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove and 1 serrano pepper, blended and passed through a fine-mesh strainer
- 1 cup seasoning sauce, like Maggi or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1⁄4 tsp aji limo pepper paste (like Costa Peruana’s version
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce, like Tapatío
How to make it