We dropped by the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas to get some insider tips on making a jazzed-up cocktail.
Here, Mariena Mercer, chef mixologist at the Chandelier Bar, demonstrates how to make one of their signature libations: Video Killed the Radio Star. It’s made with cachaça, a spirit made from fermented sugar cane juice thats akin to rum, as well as a bergamot and passionfruit liquers. It’s the perfect drink for summer.
- 1oz Avuá Prata Cachaça (similar to a rum; native to Brazil)
- 1/2oz Italicus Bergamot Liquer
- 1/2oz Giffard Passionfruit Liquer
- 1oz lemon juice
- 3/4oz apricot puree
- ½ oz black pepper honey syrup
For the Black Pepper Honey Syrup (makes a batch)
- 2 cups honey
- 2 cups water
- 1Tbsp Black Peppercorns
- ½ cup crushed green cardamom pods
For the Spiced Coconut Foam
- 2 cups black pepper honey syrup
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 cup Coco Lopez Coconut Cream
- 2 cups pasteurized egg whites
For the Black Pepper Honey Syrup: Bring ingredients to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes, then let cool and strain.
For the Spiced Coconut Foam: Mix all ingredients together, then load into iSi container and double charge with N20. Refrigerate.
To make the Video Killed the Radio Star cocktail: Add all ingredients together in a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Top with spiced coconut foam. Garnish with edible paper, if desired.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!