Here, everything you need to know to make yourself some tasty jackfruit tacos at home.
Make it: Meaty
Jackfruit is a popular substitute for meat in Southeast Asia and India because it shreds nicely and picks up seasoning. It’s cumbersome to use fresh, so buy jackfruit canned and packed in water in the international sections at the market. Pat it dry, heat, and season like pulled pork, with jerk spices or barbecue spices.
Recipe from BOSH!
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 14-oz can young green jackfruit in water, drained, patted dry, and sliced into 1⁄4-inch strips
- 7 tbsp vegetable stocks
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of 1⁄2 lime, plus 3 limes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 tsp Tabasco
- 11⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 11⁄2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 to 1 tsp chili powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 12 taco shells
- Guacamole, salsa, fresh cilantro, and other taco garnishes
How to make it