Everyone hates the end of summer. The everyday pace of life picks back up, summer Friday’s are done, and for those of us in the north east, it means not wanting to come out from under the bed covers or leave your hot shower. And to those in the south and west… well, we just hate on you right now.
To keep the dream of easy-living summer alive, Anthony Carrino and John Colaneri, co-hosts of the popular HGTV series America’s Most Desperate Kitchens share their other kitchen renovation skills by overhauling the traditional burger and margarita. This Labor Day weekend, fire up the grill with these Jalapeno pork burgers and the “Iron Cross” margaritas.
For the interview with Anthony and John about how their show started and their creative process, go to: MENSFITNESS.com/TheCousins
Anthony’s Jalapeño Pork Burgers
1 lb pork
1 jalapeño charred
1/4 cup red onion
1 1/2 tsp old bay with blackening
1 shallot sliced
2 large English muffins
Black pepper (to taste)
1. Heat salt brick on a medium grill for 15 minutes.
2. While salt is heating, in a food processor add in red onion and jalapeño and blend untill small chopped (this could also be done by hand.)
3. In a large bowl, mix cheese, old bay, black pepper, meats, and chopped veggies until it forms a loose ball. Don’t over mix!
4. Form mixture into two patties and place on salt brick. Cook about 7 minutes per side.
5. Toast English muffins and serve with bib greens.
Johnny’s “Iron Cross” Margarita
1 lime juiced
2 oz tequila silver
1 oz aquavit
1 tsp agave
2 egg whites
Salt dipped lime peel
4 cups ice
1. In the shaker add in all ingredients expect salt dipped lime. Shake vigorously for 2 min.
2. Then, strain over ice-filled rocks glasses and garnish with lime.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!