6 each mixed medium heirloom tomato cut into wedges
2 cups watermelon cubed
1/2 cup organic feta cheese crumbled
2 tbsp black olive paste
1/4 cup aged sherry vinegar
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 bunch mint leaves picked
1 cup chickpea crepe batter (recipe follows) Coarse sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup water
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pinch kosher salt
1/4 cup olive oil for cooking crepes
Prepare the Crepes:
1) Mix curry powder into 1 tbsp olive oil.
2) Whisk chickpea flour and water very well until no lumps are visible the batter should be loose roughly half as thick as traditional pancake batter if batter appears to thick adjust with more water.
3) Add the curry oil and season with salt.
4) Let batter rest refrigerated for 1 hour up to overnight.
5) Pre-heat a small non stick pan over medium heat. Add a small amount of olive oil (just enough to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
6) Slow add the batter tilting the pan so as just to coat the pan with batter.
7) Cook 1 minute per side. Repeat until all batter is used. Reserve warm
Prepare the Dish:
1) Whisk together the olive paste, sherry vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil.
2) Season with salt and black pepper.
3) Divide the tomatoes and watermelon evenly onto four plates.
4) Lightly dress the plates with the olive vinaigrette.
5) Tear the mint into small pieces and sprinkle onto the tomato/melon salad.
6) Finish the salad with the crumbled feta and serve with the warm chick pea crepes.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!